Can I get a divorce in Houston if my wife has gone to another country?

Yes, you can. You will be able to get a divorce in Houston even if your spouse has gone to another country. A court will be able to split all your property even if your spouse is not present. A court will also be able to give you child custody orders without your spouse. Keep in mind that you will have to serve your spouse with the initial divorce petition and show the judge that you have properly served him/her under the laws of Texas.