My husband abandoned me many years ago and I do not know where he is. Can I divorce him?

Yes, you can file for divorce even if your husband or wife has abandoned you. You will have to serve them the divorce papers to them to get a divorce. If you are able to convince a judge that you cannot locate your husband, the judge will appoint an attorney to find your spouse. Service can then be completed once the attorney locates him. If the appointed attorney cannot locate him, you can then publish notice of divorce in a local newspaper . You can proceed with your divorce after the notice is published.