There are several reasons to get an annulment:
- One of the spouse was under 18 at the time of marriage. That spouse didn’t get parental consent or a court order.
- One spouse was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Either spouse is permanently impotent.
- One spouse was convinced to be married to the other by fraud, duress or force.
- One spouse lacked the mental capacity to enter into the marriage.
- One spouse concealed a prior divorce.
- The spouses were married within 72 hours of the marriage license being issued.